disco 300tdi fog lamps again!

lazydog

Hi all i had a bump in me disco couple of weeks back and bent my bumper quite bad straightened out but it was not straight anyway bout a bumper off eblag but it is the ES spec as my valance is wrecked aswell i want to fit it with fog lamps i can find details for relay fuse etc. switch location but i can not find the wires that should be up by the heater as in this link

http://www.roverparts.com/Instructions/Discovery_I_fog_lamps_9700b.cfm

any help would be much appreciated also if i put a bigger relay in i.e 40 amp could i run 2 extra fogs with better wiring to power the relay with thanks in anticipation;)

Try this, maninly box 22, gives you the colours of the wire in the connector to look for under your dash...

cheers Dangerous D

found it today wrapped around the steering coloum now all i have to do is feed some thicker cable in to feed my spotlamps and the usless fog lamps

cheers Dangerous D

found it today wrapped around the steering coloum now all i have to do is feed some thicker cable in to feed my spotlamps and the usless fog lamps

Depending what disco u have the wiring may be there. This was taken from your link, "Open the hood and look behind the headlights and you will find the wires with the plug ends that attach to the plugs on the fog lamps and feed them down to be attached to the fog lamps".

The plugs will be white.

Depending what disco u have the wiring may be there. This was taken from your link, "Open the hood and look behind the headlights and you will find the wires with the plug ends that attach to the plugs on the fog lamps and feed them down to be attached to the fog lamps".

The plugs will be white.

I found them at the front by the headlamps easy enough it was the switch side i couldn't find and i wanted to use the standard switch in the dash by the heater controls on a 300

The switch is positioned below the clock along side (if fitted) c/control and heated windscreen switches so any spare switch wiringwould be there. There is also a relay required that's positioned in the relay bank at the side of glove box/kick panel it has yellow connectors.

As shown in the PDF file in DD's a post above.