disco 1 shocks m reg

BLACKJACKS

sorry if this has been asked before .

i wanted to ask peoples views on this .

im changeing my shock and springs on my disco and now do i stay with standard height springs and shocks.or go for the 25mm springs im looking at brit part gas as it only does road stuff and its a run around while im doing my defender project .

which one do i go for standard height or 25mm spring kit .

do you lot think .

paul xxxxx <_<

changed the shocks and springs on my 300tdi for 50mm overs, bearmach springs and pro comp shocks (from mailorder 4x4...very helpful dudes!!)

couple of days hard work as everything seized solid!!

glad ive got hi-lift jack, as i lifted chassis up to around 24", compressed axles with trolley jack, connected spring compressors, used same trolley jack between chassis and axle to safely force axle down enough to remove/replace springs and shocks, job done!!

the handling is still absolutely fine, (though i dont drive my disco at mach 5 like some of the school run morons and wonder why they loose it on bends!!) and the extra clearance is great for me as the farm we live on has a very long deeply rutted access lane.

the thing with discoverys' is that they are by nature an off road vehicle, and even standard are not the best handling beasties, (although i couldnt comment on the newer models, too many computers and refer-to-dealer things for me, i'd get sooo bored with newer landrover coz id be scared to take the angle grinder to it to ''make it MINE''!!)

personally, id go with a small lift as it wont ruin the handling unless you are in the speedfreak school run brigade and expect honda civic performance from a tractor!!

we may be slower.....but we can go ANYWHERE!