Land rover discovery (pick up)

maxlr90

Dear all

I've been on the DVLA website and searched but I've as yet not found anything to comfort myself. I have a completely standard discovery 1 300tdi auto. My question, the vehicle has both a monocoque body and ladder frame chassis and I would like to remove the rear half of the cab and create a bulkhead behind the front seats whilst utilising the existing crossmembers and original body mounts to then facilitate the fitment of a (very) small tipping rear body(from a tipping ifor williams. The vehicle will stay complete (apart from obvious trimmings of seats etc) i.e. same engine, gearbox, axles thus on the points system staying the same vehicle.

I have seen somewhere an Australian discovery 2 UTE which had a similar thing done but have been unable to find it again! (sorry)

I know an awful lot of people just do as they please with trays etc but I would like to know if this is just as simple as a form filling or do I need a vehicle assessment. I know many of you on here will know the answer so please be my first point of call and please point me in the direction of existing links that you know of!

I have lots of engineering experience and have access to a coded welder for use in critical areas, I'm currently drawing in cad a design to fit the existing chassis mounts to avoid unnecessary cutting of existing structural points

Thanks again in advance

Disco al, yea that's the plan, although some what shortened. My solid works drawing is taking ages so I've been playing in google sketchup based on a 90 chassis at the moment though as that was the original plan.

Any specific literature I should study?

Thanks again

Max

This was the rough outline design for a 90 using a hi cap rear bulkhead, the parts shown in dark grey represent old trailer parts. I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible even using the old hand operated hydraulic pump for the time being.

post-7891-126841433712_thumb.jpg