Lifting Dash on '94 300tdi

Pinn76

Hi, I've got a '94 300tdi with a lifting dash, not uncommon as i have seen! I was going to buy one of the repair kits but as things are tight at the moment was wondering if just a selftapper with penny washer was viable? If so, what length screw and are there any wires attached to the dash that far foward? I dont want to get involved in stripping the dash out if I dont need to as I've seen its a PITA!!!!!

Hope you guys can help

Cheers Bri

Hia Bri

Save your pennies and get a repair kit, i did my brothers disco dash a few years ago and it does a proper job and looks very good afterwards, i went to local diy shop and got one of those angle drill screwdriver attachments to so i could put the screws in without the screen being in the way,

You know it makes sence!!

Clive

Hi Clive

Thanks for the advise.http://forums.lr4x4.com/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

As mentioned I was going to get a kit but thought as a temporary measure this would do http://forums.lr4x4.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif. I'm not that bothered really as to the aesthetics side of things as the truck is rough and ready (door skins riveted back on where they have corroded around the edges, Hammerite Blue is a close enough match for scuffs etc..) as long as it functions for a while then I'm happy. I just didn't want to go putting a screw through a wire or something under the dash creating a job which requires it to be removed anyway, as I have seen how involved this can be!!!

How long were the supplied screws, and were they long enough? as I have read elsewhere that people have been supplied ones that were too short.

Thanks again

Bri