Tax Disc Holder

With the onset of the warm weather, my tax disc holder has cried enough and fallen off the windscreen. Fine - just throw it away and buy a new one I hear you say

But why does the old rigid plastic holder have a wire attached to it that disappears off under the dashboard and down into the bulkhead ? I assume its original and factory fitted, so whats it for ?

Cheers

STEVE

Sounds like a stealth mobile phone aerial for a hand free car kit. If there is no car kit still installed, then it will be fine to remove. Dosn't sound facotry at all.

My disco has the remnants of about 3 car kits and probably 2 alams in. I am gradually ripping lumps of cable out as I find them!

Hope that helps

Mark

With the onset of the warm weather, my tax disc holder has cried enough and fallen off the windscreen. Fine - just throw it away and buy a new one I hear you say

But why does the old rigid plastic holder have a wire attached to it that disappears off under the dashboard and down into the bulkhead ? I assume its original and factory fitted, so whats it for ?

Cheers

STEVE

Yes I agree with mark. It is a mobile phone antenna. if you look under the dash you will probably still have a little black box that it connects to. If you do not intend using a hands free kit then dispose of it. if you do, then it might come in useful.

Yes I agree with mark. It is a mobile phone antenna. if you look under the dash you will probably still have a little black box that it connects to. If you do not intend using a hands free kit then dispose of it. if you do, then it might come in useful.

Thanks guys - I'll have a look and remove it