200 tdi/2.5 N/A flywheels

The 2.5 N/A flywheel housing will bolt straight onto the 200Tdi engine. The flywheels are a different part number, but I suspect they will swap over (not done it myself). Clutches are the same for both engine, so the only difference is likely to be the fitting - there's a specific bolt pattern on a flywheel centre and a locating peg so that the flywheel will only go on in the one position to maintain balance.

The ring gear is the same part number, so no tooth difference there, and the crank seal is the same part number, so no difference there either.

Looks like it's all down to bolt pattern.

Les.

The 2.5 N/A flywheel housing will bolt straight onto the 200Tdi engine. The flywheels are a different part number, but I suspect they will swap over (not done it myself). Clutches are the same for both engine, so the only difference is likely to be the fitting - there's a specific bolt pattern on a flywheel centre and a locating peg so that the flywheel will only go on in the one position to maintain balance.

The ring gear is the same part number, so no tooth difference there, and the crank seal is the same part number, so no difference there either.

Looks like it's all down to bolt pattern.

Les.

I asked the same in relation to the 2.5TD flywheel and the 200TDi. Freida Turner told me the location of where the locking pin fits the recess on the edge of the flywheel is different for the timing of the fuel pump and hence couldnt be used.

HTH.

Cheers

G :)