P38A Sat Nav White Screen

TonyH

I did the unthinkable and changed battery whilst MK3 sat nav was powered so now have white screen. Anyone have fixes or suggestions to repair (in UK). If not will BMW MK3 work OK, can it be changed to Range Rover splash, off-road etc.. Would appreciate any help.

Not sure what you mean by a MK3 SatNav, my 2000 MY P38 has a CARIN unit which can get a bit upset if disconnected, or if out of satellite range whilst being worked on. What I have found though is that disconnecting the battery for about 30 minutes and then reconnecting gives the system long enough for the SATNAV to forget itself and then do a clean reboot. Possibly this would be worth a try (assuming you have your radio code at hand and know how to re-enter it!)

Otherwise, you may find a word with a wires guru like Steve Buck at James French in Abingdon would solve the problem. I personally haven't need to consult him, but a friend has and says what Steve and the team don't know about electric related stuff isn't worth knowing.

All the best

Martin