winch solenoid mounting

Hi all. Bought a nice warn 9.5xp for my defender and done all the mechanical side on sunday. Trouble is... there was no solenoid box mounting plate. Can i just bolt the mounting box to a flat plate, via the 2 bolts on the back, straight onto the chasis, ie. earth it? Or do i need to keep the box "unearthed"?

If that's the case, where do i get such a thing?

Cheers guys

It doesn't matter. Just protect the solenoids from the environment as best you can as the warn ones aren't the most robust. The only concern when mounting things is that the cables be heavy enough for the amperage, which means if you extend them you might need to go bigger depending on how far you go.

It doesn't matter. Just protect the solenoids from the environment as best you can as the warn ones aren't the most robust. The only concern when mounting things is that the cables be heavy enough for the amperage, which means if you extend them you might need to go bigger depending on how far you go.

Thanks, mate