turbo service

Greetings all,

I'm getting a strange sound which sounds like it is coming from between the engine and bulkhead. Whoosh sort of sound not the turbo whistle at about 2500-3000rev. But that happens only under load not when standing and rev in neutral. There is a loss of power just when you would like it to kick in.

Question; Is it the turbo it's self as I don't think it has ever had any attention since new 1996 300tdi. What can be changed out in the turbo? Bearings?

I would appreciate any ideas. It has new air, oil & diesel filters. Didn't make the blindest bit of difference.

Greetings all,

I'm getting a strange sound which sounds like it is coming from between the engine and bulkhead. Whoosh sort of sound not the turbo whistle at about 2500-3000rev. But that happens only under load not when standing and rev in neutral. There is a loss of power just when you would like it to kick in.

Question; Is it the turbo it's self as I don't think it has ever had any attention since new 1996 300tdi. What can be changed out in the turbo? Bearings?

I would appreciate any ideas. It has new air, oil & diesel filters. Didn't make the blindest bit of difference.