1997 Discovery - Fuel Problems

tarpan

Hello from Chile

I recently trade my 4.6 Range Rover ,for a XS Discovery (1997 ,auto V8 ) ,this is my 3rd day with the disco and the fuel consumption its amazing!!! ,compared with the 4.6 ,if this goes on ,im going to be bankrupted in a few months from now :lol:

On the first day ,i took the disco to the oficial dealer here, for a complete scan with a T4 .The car was Ok ,all sensors in order ,no details

The Disco has 140.000 Km (86.000 miles) ,only one previous owner and impecable service sheet .Im thinking about the O2 sensors (lambdas)-catalytic converters ,but the scan says they are Ok at least the sensors,or probably the mass air flow meter

Any sugestions???

Im missing my rangie!!!

Reasons i change my P38 ,a trip that i want to make next year to the patagonia (i know its a V8 ,but its a 10.000 Km trip ,not a 2 years expedition) ,i was very afraid about the becm ,abs pump or eas failures in the middle of nowhere with the P38,at least with a 3.9 V8 you need a few essential parts in a box to survive ,unfortunately 300 Tdi's are not so popular here

Regards!

C.