Its a wind up, not !

mel

Hi All,

I'm in need of some advice as i have a problem with the drivers door elec window on my 04 Disco 2.

Last week i lowered the drivers window and there was a bang which came from inside the dr.

The window seemed to stick momentarily and then lower ok altho when closing it seemed to be slightly out of position as when reaching the top of the frame it seemed to push it fwd slightly but it did close and seemed to work ok .

Anyway, i tried not to use it until i could get to investigate it but on Weds i had to lower it and it made a bang again and the glass was lowering and raising but on the tiddle and i had to help it on its way, similar to the old days with wind up window problems!

I'm guessing the window has somehow come out of its track but wondered if anyone on here has knowledge of anything similar ?

Thank's,

Mark

Mel, it is highly likely that one of the nylon wheels that run in the guides has shattered. Remove the door lining and have a look. See my post Broken Window Winding Mechanism for my and others solutions to the problem if indeed it is a broken nylon wheel.