D day finaly arrived

bangbang

thanks guys i needed some good news today. I've been working on the electrics today and what a nightmare but almost there now everything works except the dash light and breaklight which i now know the fault on so can sort in the morning.

The other bad news is date of manifacture is the 19 jan 1973 so i'm not tax excemo by 19 days GUTTED :angry:

but thems the breaks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thought i best update this as i haven't for a while, well it was welding welding and you know what comes next ... more welding but i think i have finaly broke the back of it now but i thought that before untill i took the dash out to sort the windscreen washer and found almost nothing behind it :lol:

as my weekend project has gone to s**t i have decided to make as good a job on it as i can in the time i have and done more than i was going to inclueding brand new door tops and second hand bottoms

i also took an angle grinder to the roof as the swb roof idea didn't look quite right so cut mine down and will reconect the back it looks far better now (Second of the 2 roof pics is the cut down version) will add some better pics when i can get it out to take them properly

Chassey is getting hammerighted tomorrow and a couple of litres of coke is going in the clutch to fee that up :o

Second of the 2 roof pics is the cut down version

post-24916-128208253534_thumb.jpg

post-24916-128208254983_thumb.jpg

post-24916-128208258074_thumb.jpg

post-24916-12820825955_thumb.jpg

still working got the doors back on now but still need a bit of lining up and need to put the glass in the new tops any advice for that would be great as the guy in county rovers said it's a pig. put the back back on the roof top and fixed back down heres another pic of her today

post-24916-039117300 1282420535_thumb.jpg