windscreen wipers D1 300tdi

GERTRUDE-M

A very similar question was posted in May by SOTAL, but no reply was forthcoming then.

Does anyone have an idea on this: On intermittent wipe the blade parks in one of 4 positions, the correct place and three others, one right in the line of sight, which is a nuisance. It goes through the cycle on successive wipes, so it's not random, but systematic. The wipe-frequency rotary switch on the arm has no effect; it does not work.

On continuous wipe, everything performs correctly on normal- and fast-.

On single wipe, it parks where I make it park.

I had a look in Haynes wiring circuit diagrams and there seems to be a Multi-Function Unit that has to do with the wipers, located behind the driver's side footwell wall, the manual says. It also has connections to the window controls and I do have an intermittent fault with the rear windows too.

Does anyone have any ideas on this, please, and do you think that MFU may be linked to both faults? Ideas would be gratefully received; Thanks

A very similar question was posted in May by SOTAL, but no reply was forthcoming then.

Does anyone have an idea on this: On intermittent wipe the blade parks in one of 4 positions, the correct place and three others, one right in the line of sight, which is a nuisance. It goes through the cycle on successive wipes, so it's not random, but systematic. The wipe-frequency rotary switch on the arm has no effect; it does not work.

On continuous wipe, everything performs correctly on normal- and fast-.

On single wipe, it parks where I make it park.

I had a look in Haynes wiring circuit diagrams and there seems to be a Multi-Function Unit that has to do with the wipers, located behind the driver's side footwell wall, the manual says. It also has connections to the window controls and I do have an intermittent fault with the rear windows too.

Does anyone have any ideas on this, please, and do you think that MFU may be linked to both faults? Ideas would be gratefully received; Thanks

Don't know if this will help, had a problem with park position on my 300tdi.

It didn't know it was at the bottom and just kept on going, then sometimes it would stop correctly.

Changed the wiper motor ( second hand one for about £20) cured the problem :)

Don't know if this will help, had a problem with park position on my 300tdi.

It didn't know it was at the bottom and just kept on going, then sometimes it would stop correctly.

Changed the wiper motor ( second hand one for about £20) cured the problem :)

Thanks SLABSIDE, was replacing the motor an easy job? The manual suggests it might be quite complicated.

Thanks SLABSIDE, was replacing the motor an easy job? The manual suggests it might be quite complicated.

Pretty straightforward job if I remember. All done from under the bonnet, just step by step.