Alloy Wheels

Bobs

Hi

I've purchased a set of ally wheels for my T reg. Being a bit senile thewy appeared to be exactly the same as mine, but now I realise that they have six spokes instead of five and some small holes(cosmetic) near the centre.

From looking at pictures they appear to come from a slightly later model(not Freelander 2)

They will fit but the centre hole is very tight on the hubs, it takes the wheel nuts to pull them fully on and they are bl__dy difficult to get off.

I am considering using a hole saw or similar just to enlarge the holes slightly, but

Are these wheels right?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I had the same problem some years ago on my X reg Freelander.

The 15" 5 spoke wheels you have are for the pre-vented disc hubs. These alloys are called aventure.

When LR moved over to vented disc (around 2000 MY) and larger brake callipers, they changed the wheel to 6 spoke ... still called aventure.

The hub on your earlier vehicle is slightly too big for the 6 spoke alloys. as for boring them out ..... I wouldn't !

The 'drill-outs' around the PCD of the wheel were to denote wheels for vented disc/larger calliper. You will find these drill-outs on 15" / 16" and 17" alloys.

I hope this helps

A great help - thanks!

Hi,

I had the same problem some years ago on my X reg Freelander.

The 15" 5 spoke wheels you have are for the pre-vented disc hubs. These alloys are called aventure.

When LR moved over to vented disc (around 2000 MY) and larger brake callipers, they changed the wheel to 6 spoke ... still called aventure.

The hub on your earlier vehicle is slightly too big for the 6 spoke alloys. as for boring them out ..... I wouldn't !

The 'drill-outs' around the PCD of the wheel were to denote wheels for vented disc/larger calliper. You will find these drill-outs on 15" / 16" and 17" alloys.

I hope this helps