Discovery brake problem

disco_al

i have just finished changing the front calipers, and the metal lines to them on my 94 disco (with abs). the o/s caliper bled fine, but the n/s one won't. i have tried it with the engine running, with the abs pump powered from the battery, with the engine off, every possible way i can think of.

the strangest part is that there is no fluid getting to the caliper at all. i disconnected the pipe leading to the n/s from the valve block, and nothing is coming out of there either.

any clues or ideas where to start looking? i'm at a loss and only have one side braking on it now (not exactly safe) and i need the truck for work in the morning - why do these things always happen late on a sunday????????

I am by no means an expert, quite the contrary but my thought process would be -

Does it bleed with the old line on, if its intact?

It its not intact do you get fluid from it if you attach it anyway?

If either of the above gives you fluid is the new pipe seating correctly at the reservoir end?

If your sure it is does it have an obstruction in it somewhere?? Are the fittings attached correctly??

The experts will no doubt have better and probably contradictory advice, but might help in their abcense

Good luck!

Charlie

that's the curious thing, if i disconnect the metal pipe from the flexi, i get nothing, and if i remove the pipe from the abs block, i get nothing from the port either.

i suspect it may be a faulty abs block, or a major blockage somewhere.

does any one know which pipe is which on the valve block? can't find any detailed info in rave.