A clunk from the back

Tony58

My FL2 has done just 7,500 miles. In the last few weeks it's started making a clunk when I drive over uneven surfaces at relatively low speeds. I've checked all the obvious things - made sure boot cover, rear seats, seat belt buckles, etc are all secure. I can't find anything loose around the spare wheel.

The noise seems to come from the rear offside. It's unpredictable - sometimes it's worse than others.

I'm reluctant to take it to the dealer just yet because I can foresee a load of wasted time and maybe no result.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or solution before I ring the garage.

Thanks for your reply. You know I think it is the tailgate itself that is rattling a bit. I've adjusted the two rubber door stoppers - when I screwed them in the rattling got worse, so I've unscrewed them as far as I can (made them protrude more) and it seems a bit better. But I'll need to drive it around a bit to see.

I think I'd be wasting my time at the garage because these things are hit and miss unless it is a known issue (hence my question).

The car is only 5 months and 7,500 miles old, so it shouldn't be rattling at all really!

Cheers.