Rust bulkhead

haakon

I've discovered a little rust hole in my bulkhead which needs to be fixed :)

Pictures from the inside

Bilde525.jpg

From the outside

Bilde523.jpg

2010-11-16%2008%3A09%3A44%20GMT.jpg

It seems to me that the rust is close to the heater matrix. So, my thoughts are to remove the heater matrix to ease the access.

There is a part of the heater that sits in the front wing. Do I have to take this out as well? Or can it be splitted?

Any comments on my approach? :)

Hi if I was you I would take the air intake off from under the wing, It is easy to do and access will be a lot better also you will be able to clean out the drain hole.

There are nuts in the footwell to be removed, clamp your heater hoses and it will save drainingyou system.

It may be blocked and water is building up inside yer heater and causing that rust as that are should be dry.

You will also be able to check your heater controls and set up.

While you have the heater out give it a good flush through and you might even land up with a toasty Land Rover, Excellent tutorial in Tech archive by Ralf.

Regards

Frax :P

Hmm, it says in the Haynes manual that it will improve the clearance. I've removed the upper and lower bolts, disconnected both hoses and cables and I can barely move the unit. I've tried wiggling it, but it seems stuck. Any tips?