Brake pedal kick and vibration about 2250rpm

disco_sammy

Hello there,

I've recently bought my first Discovery, a W reg Td5 Auto and have a couple of questions that I hope someone on here might be able to help me out with.

The first one is that when I start the engine there is a bit of a kick from the brake pedal accompanied by a noise from the ABS unit. Is it supposed to do this as I've had cars with ABS before and never had this happen.

The second question is when I reach 2250rpm under steady acceleration I get a kind of resonance noise like the engine is vibrating through to the body. I wondered if this could be an engine mount failing.

Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

ABS - yes not abnormal, they don't all do it but quite a few do.

The engine noise is hard to say anything useful without hearing it - could be just something loose that is vibrating at that rpm. I doubt it's an engine mount - probably more likely to be something loose somewhere but may or may not be serious.

Hi Ches,

Yes that could well be it, although it's almost exactly at the 2250rpm mark on mine. I picked up a grease point and my grease gun over the weekend as I was going to grease up the props anyway, hopefully it will help. Hopefully get under it tomorrow night.

Cheer

Sam