Fuel leak

Hi all,

Just got in landy to go to the beach and it wouldn't start straight away unusual! sounded like fuel starvation eventually started, I had a look under and there were drops of diesel coming from the bottom of the pump, so i checked the fuel unions to the injectors all tight! had a go at tightening the torq studs and they all seemed tight, could it be the big nut in the middle, didn't tighten it as do not know what it does!!

anyone got any ideas or is it a case of whole new pump? how much would they be?

mrs not happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers for any help

ted

When you say Big nut ?....does it have a wire going to it ?....if so then yes try giving it a tighten..its the stop solenoid

Its the big nut inbetween the injector stems? if that makes sense!!!

it still starts after this morns delayed start, almost straight away???

I have driven it today or the mrs would have strung me up if we couldn't get to the supermarket (Cole/Woolies)

ted

Hello all,

went to the local garage, a very good landrover garage and the first thing he said was where have you been filling up! I said why! well he said, there have been several people in over the last few weeks with the same problem, leaking fuel pumps! he advised me to stop filling up at Shell or BP, as they have diesel ultra which with all the additives ( lack of sulphur) to make the diesel clean, it seems that they have the affect of shrinking the rubber 'O'rings and so making the pump leak!!!!

Has anyone heard of this before, I heard some guy on the radio a while ago saying that this new diesel was bad for older cars because the diesel has less sulphur than the cars are use to running on! Is this true?

Cheers ted