Airbag Suspension

badger 12

Hello all,

just trying to find descriptions for faults on airbag suspension readouts. My 93 RRC sat for 2 weeks & when started the airbag system was in fault, 1 F82 Hidden

7 Vehicle has moved.I was able to reset via laptop but am not sure exactly what these faults mean Can anyone help me with a full description. Regards Barry

What sort of diagnostic system have you got then? did it come with any code lists. I use Rovacom and although it's expensive it's very useable with clear diagnosis and help files.

Common problems include height sensors wearing and going "out of range" due to drop-outs in the resistor track, pump faults and leaks. If the car doesn't rise in a fixed time it will go into fault mode, if a ride sensor.road speed signal fault develops it will run in fixed height (standard) mode.

I have a free program downloaded from the internet called EASunlock. After making a cable from the laptop to the vehicle as designed by the program designer 'www.rswsolutions.com'.It may not be as sophisticated as a Rovacom, but will read faults, reset faults, and calibrate ride heights. Since my first post I have received more information on the program and what I need to tweek and a fault list 'www.rswsolutions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=8&Itemid=62'. If you wish check it out and give me your opinion. I appreciate your reply. Regards Barry

Tried that web address and it seemed to be in spanish, the only bit of English I could see said something about an ABS signal to the EAS ECU. That I'm afraid is rhubabrb, the ABS and EAS are not connected as far as I know, the EAS gets its information about road speed from the road speed signal buffer, along with the speedo and the cruise control.