300tdi wastegate

Oil Leak

hey all.

How do you get the wastegate actuator rod to move on a 300tdi?

i.e due to it's location I can't get it to move using just my fingers, so i'm not sure if it's seized or working fine. It would be nice to know as i'm having problems which could be caused by a sticking or stuck wastegate...

thanks J

hey all.

How do you get the wastegate actuator rod to move on a 300tdi?

i.e due to it's location I can't get it to move using just my fingers, so i'm not sure if it's seized or working fine. It would be nice to know as i'm having problems which could be caused by a sticking or stuck wastegate...

thanks J

I had a similar issue on my TD5. I managed to remove the small pipe that provides the pressure to the actuator (connects from actuator to the steel pipe in the inlet air flow) and then using my compressor and blow gun applied about 20PSI up the pipe. This then made the actuator move the connecting rod and wastegate. I kept the air going on-off and applied plenty of WD40, following advise on many posts on this forum and its now all OK

Not sure how similar the 300tdi is in this respect to the TD5.