disco 2 removed rear bumper

tel

i know this is abit of an odd one but do any of you have a picture of a disco 2 with its rear bumper off? as im in the process of fitting a d2 rear hd bumper to my d1 but the mounting points are completely differant just wondered where they mount on the d2 as they cant be that differant surely?

Why not find the centre point of both the car and the bumper, then measure outwards from there (assuming you have the D2 HD bumper already). The key benefit of HD bumpers is usually that they are mounted to both the original mounts as well as the tow-bar mounts in the centre. If you don't do these you'll not have such a strong means of recovery.

I have the bumper yea but it doesn't mount to the tow bracket fixings either like I thought it just has 2 box section brackets that look like they mount to the crossmember which isn't really strong enough for my needs might have to make something up, doesn't help the fact I have a 2" body lift aswell

It's the d44 bumper

The D2 just has two welded nuts on brakets sticking out from the chassis...that's it. You could drill your bumper to suit your vehicle but as you say, it's not enough for recovery use etc. The brackets are plenty strong enough for a hd bumper, mine has taken plenty of knocks!

You could weld a plate on the top or bottom and bolt through the towing point on the rear of your 300tdi if you wanted to make it stronger, or sell it on ebay and buy one for the 300tdi? You'll get good money for teh D2 D44 bumper ;)

Thanks for the info, I'm going to have a better look at it on Sunday reason I went d2 is because I don't like the hd d1 versions and the d44 d2 bumper matches the look I'm going for really well

I'll get it on there but was trying to figure out if the d2 bumper was chassis or body mounted