Over Active ABS

DDO173

Every now and again when I'm pulling up to stop in my Discovery 300 Tdi the ABS kick in when the conditions nor the braking harshness any anywhere near the levels that warrant it. The only consistency I seem to have noticed is that its usually when im turning onto my drive and have the wheel hard over to pull up in front of my garage. I did however test it on a quiet road at the weekend in a straight line and under moderate braking it kicked in then as well. Anyone else have similar symptoms or know why this is happening?

Possibly, just possibly the bearings are a bit loose or the ABS sensors are just on the fringe of going out of range, then when you pull up they hub shifts around and opens up the sensor gap, making the ABS think the wheel has locked up.

Something to check. I have to say though that my LSE intervenes on road I thought I was in propper control of, the ABS system is really on the ball, far better than cars half it's age.

It happens all the time on my Disco as well. I know it is the sensor moving in the wheel. I also know (I think) that i will cure it when the weather gets better by gluing it in place (silicone)

Hugh

I'm planning to overhaul my front hubs soon anyway to cure the usual swivel leak. Mine has stopped leaking now so it must be out of oil! The top swivel pin with sensor holder comes with the rebuild kit so if there was any float previously it should be eliminated/made better.