Anyone got a current CAP or Glass's gude?

Dunc

Hi, trying to get a value for my Dad on his Freelander.

He's toying with the idea of trading her in and doesn't know whether to sell it privately, trade it in or keep it altogether.

The prices on Auto Trader, on eBay and at Brightwells are so erratic it's hard to get an idea of where to price it.

It's a '52' plate Td4 GS 5 door with 66k miles on, full dealer service history and one owner.

If anyone can look it up in their book (if it's current!) and give me an idea then i'd be grateful.

I went on the Parkers site and they reckon with 70k miles on it would be;

Original Price £20,200

Independent Dealer £5,130

Private Good £4,515

Private Poor £3,385

Part Exchange £3,695

Thing is, of all the comparable ones we've looked at those values are loads lower. You can't find one below £6k at a dealer that isn't 100k miles or more!

Thank in advance for any help, especially if it's how to get it through his thick head to just keep it which is what i've been trying to do.

He's convinced it's going to start costing him money soon because it's almost 8 years old...

:rolleyes::blink:

Cheers.

In my experience the prices in Parkers are hopelessly optimistic. Take a look at 'Sold' prices on ebay and assume you might get a little more selling through Auto-trader etc..

I have yet to meet anyone who did not have an inflated impression of his car's value.

Chris