Date of Manufacture (DOM) of my RR

piloti

I am importing a 2001 RR DT into Tanzania. The ship it is in is due any time now and I need to know the EXACT date of Manufacture to see if can avoid the 10 year penalty of 20% they call Extra Excise Duty. The chassis number only gives the year. I have those details already. Heritage have told me the car is too young for their records. Tz Customs tell me the car will be hit with this awful Old Bangers Penalty. I can't seem to get anywhere on Rover Websites. Can anyone tell me how you do this?

Thanks.

Well, I'm answering my own question here as I have found out how to do it and I thought some of you guys would appreciate knowing how to get the DOM of your own Landy.

Two guys, Richard and Derek seem switched on and are quick to help. It is a service you pay for. Cost me £25. For me it is worth it as I stand to have to pay Excise Duty of several thousand if I can't prove my car is still 9 years old. After 10 years the Tanzanian Customs aggregate your other duties and demand another 20%. Anyway, here are their details:

WINNER: Gold Award for Regional Culture

Heart of England Excellence in Tourism Awards 2010

WINNER: Best Temporary Exhibition for "Mini 50th Anniversary" from

Renaissance West Midlands - Best of the West Awards 2010.

SILVER (NATIONAL): Meet England Business Tourism 2008

SILVER (HEART OF ENGLAND): Excellence in Tourism Large Visitor Attraction 2008

SILVER (HEART OF ENGLAND): Excellence in Tourism Access for All 2008

For the latest information visit our website www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk

Hope it helps :)