Freelander sunroofs

Bobs

I own two T reg freelander 5 doors.

Both have sunroofs that don't work - the motors run and the glass tries to move but appears to twist and stick.

Is this a common fault?

Is it fixable? Could it be done by a sunroof firm rather than Landrover.

I could live without the sunroofs opening, but they dont seem to sit level when "Closed" and I think this is the cause of water leaking in.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

On mine, the roof sticks in its tracks on one side as it tries to open, so I have manually closed it (you just remove the interior light fitting then you can turn the motor with a wide-bladed screwdriver) until the weather is better and I can tackle it. it looks like lack of lubrication is the main culprit, but if you continue to use it you can damage the motor/gears etc and thenit's a major pain.

I found a useful link that seems to cover everything you need, though I stress I haven't tackled mine yet so can't be sure:

http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f9/how-position-sliders-sunroof-79181.html

Mine did the same, seems to be a weak point.

I would have thought that a sunroof firm would be able to do it. I priced up the parts to fix mine and decided just to leave it shut and removed the fuse.

I corrected the glass level by removing the 3 torx screws each side holding the glass to the runners and setting the glass height. The screws are under two trim strips on the inside of the roof. This stopped my leak.

Hope this helps

Rob.

post-27569-0-61076500-1298281440_thumb.jpg