Strange vibrations

Do you ever feel that as soon as one problem is fixed, the next appears?!

Its started recently, when doing low revs in 3rd and 4th gears (not noticed it in others), theres a low pitched vibration / rattle / rumble. Can't work out exactly where its coming from.

I'll probably need to do more investigation to figure out whats causing it?

cheers

Paul

first thing, check your uj's for play. Also check for play in transfer (does the prop have rotational play?)

However, ever since getting my truck I have had a noise that sounds like someone vibrating a sheet of metal when I am in 4th or 5th and doing too low revs while trying to accelerate, particularly when going up a slight incline. I'm just very aware of it now and either accelerate more gently or change down into the correct gear.

hope this helps

first thing, check your uj's for play. Also check for play in transfer (does the prop have rotational play?)

However, ever since getting my truck I have had a noise that sounds like someone vibrating a sheet of metal when I am in 4th or 5th and doing too low revs while trying to accelerate, particularly when going up a slight incline. I'm just very aware of it now and either accelerate more gently or change down into the correct gear.

hope this helps

That sounds like a similar problem to mine. Did wonder if it was a lose exhaust bracket, will check the things you mention also thanks.

Strange how it started all of a sudden in the last week.

probably a uj then if it started all of a sudden. just speaking from experience though, not through any great expertise so someone else may be able to suggest more things to look at.

Thanks for the help, it could well be that. Is the UJ something that will just get noisier, or will it suddenly disintegrate?

I think that as soon as they are worn and begin to vibrate it is only a short time before they disintegrate and if they do so while you are driving your prop will fall off! It is for this reason that as soon as I begun to hear a very loud vibration I checked my uj's and attempted (and I mean attempted, I made a right cock-up of it :rolleyes: ) to change it when I found play in the joint.