battery change

godzilla

I Have a 2002 Vogue on which I have just installed a new battery, but now I cannot disarm the alarm and imobiliser,

as the battery is installed it is armed, I have tried the emergency key access code several times,no joy,I have tried

resynchronising the handset using the key in drivers door lock method,no joy,I have been in touch with a dealer to

check the E.K.A is correct,it is, I am out of ideas,can anybody out there come up with something, apart from calling

out Land Rover as I am in southern France, everything worked perfectly prior to the battery change.

take the battery negative off again. (nothing to lose). leave it 10 mins, drivers door shut (but window down if you can)or another door if not and bonnet open.

Key at the ready, put the negative back on, alarm should go off. pop to drivers door lock and unlock the car using key.

To signal key entry, within 30 secs get key into ign and pos 2. Up to this point you should have had alarm going off.

you shouldn't have any funny engine immobilised messages hopefully.

Then push open and close buttons on keyfob to re-sync.

This all assumes your door switches are telling the becm to wake up/expect a key in ign within 30 secs. Are you sure you were able to use drivers door lock before battery failed? If your EKA code isn't working either this might be a good place to start, with the drivers door switch.

door locks aren't interchangeable, the 14 digit lock code is sent to the becm when you operate the drivers door switch. One from another p38 will draw a blank.

Good luck

Tried that,unfortunately it did not work, it actually says in tha handbook that the handsets cannot be re-synchronised if the alarm is

armed,and this is the problem, is it normal for it to arm on reconnection of battery ? I've tried the EKA but no joy,I think this is

where the problem is, the door latch that is, it's probably sending garbled signals, i've had a look and it's a hell of a job to check

the contacts, I don't suppose you know of anyway to dump the alarm system,it's really not needed here in France,nobody is going to

steal an old non deisel right hand drive with English plates, I could happily live without an alarm, thanks anyway,

godzilla, davidwhite@srf.fr

Sounds like your door lock switch is fried, try a rebuild yourself to keep the code. it might only need a new microswitch at the back. Don't disturb the electronics too much though.

Or you can get an independant to rip out the alarm/immob function. Needs Testbook T4, or bb msv with extra module sw. main stealer usually won't touch it. Needs 1/2-1 hours on computer to unlock becm.

Check your insurance company won't have a fit first?.

Pete

Sounds like your door lock switch is fried, try a rebuild yourself to keep the code. it might only need a new microswitch at the back. Don't disturb the electronics too much though.

Or you can get an independant to rip out the alarm/immob function. Needs Testbook T4, or bb msv with extra module sw. main stealer usually won't touch it. Needs 1/2-1 hours on computer to unlock becm.

Check your insurance company won't have a fit first?.

Pete

I am interested in ripping out the system, since I bought the vehicle 4 years ago, second hand it has been more trouble than it's

worth and there is no way a French thief is going to steal an old, non diesel,right hand drive,English plated,R-R, but I have no

idea what you mean by needing a 'testbook T4,or bb msv with extra module sw' could you please enlighten me on ; davidwhite@sfr.fr or

on the forum. cheers.

My problem is, I have now found out, is because when I needed to charge the battery,I only read that page,which says nothing about

switching the ign. on and off then disconnect within 17 seconds, this is only on the change battery page which I had not read,I am

now told by Range Rover that it must go to a dealer to reset the alarm system using their computer, this is very difficult here as

my nearest dealer is 100km. away and to transport a 2.8 ton vehicle that distance will cost more than it's worth out here, any ideas

would be gratefully received, davidwhite@sfr.fr of on the forum,

Cheers Godzilla/

Sorry Testbook T4 is a diag computer kit (trolley)used by LR dealers for a range of later LR marques. It is well out of the price range of us or many independants (usually). Even an hour on the system will cost in the region of £120, supposedly to get their investment back)

There are a number of alternative diag boxes, hawkeye, rovacom, however few will do what you are talking about. (Black box solutions BBS) may be one option for you if you are technically minded. A look at rangerovers.net pages and bbs forums should allow you to see examples of what other people have done and give you a bit more info.

Some independants may have an (alternative box), some may have a mobile service to travel to you to sort you out ;)

It's worth asking on the forum to see if there is anyone in spain who could help you.

Pete