300tdi engine compartment fuse box

Hi

I am in the process of rebuilding my 300tdi 90 1995 and have replaced the bulkhead with a td5 one.

Next to the heater matrix there is a fuse box which clips onto a bracket which is spot welded to the passenger’s foot well but the td5 one does not have this. :(

Has anyone come across this problem and if so how did you overcome it.

I know I could drill out the spot welds and fit the bracket to the td5 but the 300tdi bulkhead is not in bad condition and I am hoping to sell it later (it only needs minimal welding to put it back to good condition) :unsure:

Or if anyone is scrapping a 300tdi bulkhead or passenger’s side foot well and is willing to cut out the bracket and sell it let me know. ;)

I could make one but it has little lugs which hold the box in place and I don’t think I am that good. :blink:

Regards

Frax ;)

a bit further inboard than I thought, maybe it can be attached to the bulkhead inboard of the heater unit or to the front face of the heater unit. or making a new bracket wouldn't be to diificult & bolt it in the same place as the orgiinal.