300tdi fueling problem i think

Now then, i have an old 90 with an engine gearbox and transfer box from a 300tdi disco. I was enjoying a greenlaning trip across rudland rig when all of a sudden the power disappeared i kept my foot flat to floor but nothing when she slowed to idle speeds she picked up a few revs but then died back down to idle, picked up a few then died to idle, this continued for a while but when i stopped to take a look the engine died. There was nothing obvious no leaks, the fuel filter was filled with clean diesel no muck and as i am not a proper mechanic just learning as stuff breaks i was pretty much stumped. When i tried to start she wouldnt go and quickly ran the battery flat cranking her over.So apart from a new battery or maybe 2 does anyone know what my problem might be and how to cure it. As i have mentioned i am not a proper mechanic but i am trying to learn by tackling every problem that comes my way. thanks in advance for any replies.

Could either be a fuel blockage or a faulty lift pump. I had the same problem and it was a combination of the 2. Blew out the fuel lines and replaced the lift pump and all OK.

Ok i will clean out the lines first then see if it solves it then look at replacing the lift pump if neccesary thanks for the quick reply