opps thats why it was leaking

last year i converted the wifes disco to auto from manual, anyway the past few weeks there has been a small puddle of autofluid on the drive, as its been a long weekend off work i decided to see where it was leaking from.

on ispection there was a small weeping from the dipstick tube on the autobox sump, so i decided to whip it off and put some ptfe tape on the thread, when i statred to udo it the whole lot snapped off the sump oh, dear didnt want to do that

anyway in the event i cant get hold of a disco one and the smae gearbox was used in some bmw's jag's and volvo's would the sump and dipstick tube from one of those work on a disco??

last year i converted the wifes disco to auto from manual, anyway the past few weeks there has been a small puddle of autofluid on the drive, as its been a long weekend off work i decided to see where it was leaking from.

on ispection there was a small weeping from the dipstick tube on the autobox sump, so i decided to whip it off and put some ptfe tape on the thread, when i statred to udo it the whole lot snapped off the sump oh, dear didnt want to do that

anyway in the event i cant get hold of a disco one and the smae gearbox was used in some bmw's jag's and volvo's would the sump and dipstick tube from one of those work on a disco??

The sump off any ZF 4HP would work but the dipstick wont fit. The Disco has a special deep sump and dipstick for off road use.

You might be able to get it welded up if you cant find a replacement.

Steve