Winey Engine on start up

Hello all

Got myself a winey engine on start up, the noise goes away after the engine has run for a min or so, depending on the temperature.

Also it has decided to overheat a little when the engine is under load, got no smoke coming from the exhaust, coolant level is fine (but gonna fush it and replace).

Only smoke I get is a little bit of black on startup if the motor has been sitting a while. Also feels a little down on power, I can hear a little tick when the engine runs, I have not checked if this is a broken injector tick, but just thought to point it out.

Anyway, the sun is shinning so that good.

Hello all

Got myself a winey engine on start up, the noise goes away after the engine has run for a min or so, depending on the temperature.

Also it has decided to overheat a little when the engine is under load, got no smoke coming from the exhaust, coolant level is fine (but gonna fush it and replace).

Only smoke I get is a little bit of black on startup if the motor has been sitting a while. Also feels a little down on power, I can hear a little tick when the engine runs, I have not checked if this is a broken injector tick, but just thought to point it out.

Anyway, the sun is shinning so that good.

What engine is it? And can you describe the noise? Like an auxiliary belt, a tensioner squealing, a turbo without oil....?

It's a 2.8 TGV.

It kinda sounds like a belt, I have just replaced the serptine belt, as the last one destroyed itself thanks to the housing of the power steering pump breaking, thus coming loose, thus causing the belt to rip and break.

The overheating has started around the same time as this winey noise, but again the noise goes away after a few secs of the engine running, whatever it is warms up and stops the noise.