Gearbox / Clutch problem ? - Help

alban72

This is my first post here , so I hope I am doing it right

I am presently modifying my discovery 300 tdi ( lift , snorkel, etc) as I am doing a charity rally next month and it has been laid up for a couple of weeks as I have had to replace the starter motor . I changed it this evening and great it started first time BUT...

When i tried to engage first it would not go in, either would reverse . It works fine with the engine off or the transfer box in neutral but not in high or low. It feels like the clutch is engaging - the pedal has normal resistance .

Can anybody help or if worst comes to worst can anybody recommend a good garage near Bridgend South Wales that I can get it towed to?

Many Thanks

Al

Sounds as if your clutch is jammed. Try stopping the engine, putting it into gear and starting the engine. That may free it up. Don't do this in your garage for the Landy may go through the wall.

This was a common problem with Series vehicles that had been parked up for a while.