Coolant Hose

Some of the hoses in the engine bay are in need of replacing. i have alloy inter cooler pipes so would be nice to match the rest of the piping up. can i just swap the originals out with colored silicon hoses?

Some of the hoses in the engine bay are in need of replacing. i have alloy inter cooler pipes so would be nice to match the rest of the piping up. can i just swap the originals out with colored silicon hoses?

anyone? :o

Yes you can buy silicon coolant hoses and they are meant to have a longer life but only you can decide if you want to spend the extra on them.

Can't see the relevance of the alloy intercooler pipe comment, do you mean you want to fit alloy pipes instead of flexible hoses for the cooling system as well?

i have a mate that can get them at cost, if there is not much of a price difference i may as well.my main concern was that the lr ones are shaped for the engine bay so if i was repllacing them with new silicone ones i would have to cut and fit them to match.