Inner wing repair panels

Igol

I've recently noticed that my front wing is mainly held on by rust, now while I know that rust has the best holding capabilities of any material (look how hard it is to get a rusty nut off without the grinder), I expect that the naive fool at the MOT station will disagree.

So in anticipation of this I'm looking at getting a repair panel, but dear forum member, which one?

I can pick a simple bit of bent tin up of fleabay for about 30 quid or could spend 70 on a fancy YRM one that looks to be a copy of the original. So what is the general opinion of this wise group of Fettlers?

Cut up some old tin (old computer housing, washing machine, car roof....) and do the job for free! Unless you are prepared to spend time stripping the wiring, brake pipes, etc from the innner wing you will find it much easier to do the job in a series of smaller patches than by using the all in one repair section. Even if you buy the repair part you will still end up welding in extra bits here and there.

• 2 weeks later...

YRM certainly look the business and thats why I initially mentioned them but at a ton a throw with the vat & shipping is there a mid range option?

The sheet steel patching was my first pln but I figure I'd be spending more in wire and electricity than if I just get a complete unit.

Got a link for the RRC ones Mudslinger?