300 tdi defender build

Hello

I am building a defender 90 300 tdi from scractch. I have no doner vehicle to copy or nick parts off so im a bit in the dark.

I notice the plugs in the loom for the fuel tank end up in the middle of the xmember i surpose looms are made as 110 looms and just lost in the chassis on the 90 ?. I just want to know is there a harness i need that goes from the 90 tank sender to to where the plugs are at the rear end near the xmember ? or is there one on the market that fits somewhere else ?

Many Thanks

Hi and welcome, as far as I am aware some of the newer 300tdi’s had the tank at the back as per the TD5.

I am at about the same stage in my rebuild – plug also at the back but it is a new loom. I have connected the main plug at the bulkhead but have gone no further so will watch this with interest. At the end of the day it is only two wires.

Regards

Frax ;)

there are 4 main parts to the vehicle complete loom

1. engine loom

2. main [dash/bulkhead] loom

3. chassis loom [as you've said LR use a 110 loom & fold the excess into the right chassis rail]

4. tank loom to connect to tank to chassis loom

Autosparks can supply these looms, but they are not cheap imatations. or you can rescue the required looms from a scrap vehicle or donor vehicle.

have a good browse throught the 90 parts book before buying any parts.

it'll be one hell of a shopping list, hope your piggybank is very plump