Rubber Bushes

Jubbly

Hi all,

new to this forum, but been about on others for a while!

I've got to change the rear shock absorber bushes and I am considering using the blue (comfort ) Polybushes instead of the usual rubber - my apologies if this subject has been covered before - are they really worth it please?

The Disco is a series 1 300 Tdi facelift, done 188,000 and cost me a tenner ( I know, I got ripped off ) so she's not going to survive that much longer so I'm not really concerned about the bushes lasting for ever. It's the ride and handling that concern me. She wallows like, well, something that wallows badly, I can hear the dogs being thrown from one side of the boot to the other (and that's at 10mph) so it can't be comfortable, can it?

Look forward to some replies.

Also have a 1972 SWB S3 and lots of spare parts for a Stage 1 V8

I've not long swapped my full suspension for standard shocks with HD springs.

The wollow has gone and she handles a damn sight better than she did though it was riding fully on the springs, shocks were just for decoration by then.

Given the expense you've already gone to :rolleyes: is it going to be worth it to get fancy bushes? I think poly came as standard with mine too.

I'd spend the money on new shocks. On the TD5 I got a full set of new shocks with bushes already fitted, for the same price as a set of shock bushes.

The new shocks improved the handling right away (mine had 145,000miles by then, so I guess they had lasted well!

One more thing to consider - do you have an anti roll bar fitted? Maybe the previous owner removed it from the rear?

Thanks for the replies. I think you've confirmed what I already believed so I'll be changing the shocks and sticking with rubber.

Yes, rear anti-roll bar is there, but I think the bushes are worn on that also.

Yeah, was a bit expensive! :D

How about this for a well used air filter?

post-32176-0-63660800-1310105190_thumb.jpg