Defender 200tdi turbo problem

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked I have googled it in several different ways with no luck. I have an 1987 90 with a disco 200tdi conversion, recently my partner has been using the truck to ferry me about as I have had laser eye surgery and still can't see well enough to drive, she has said that there is no power in the truck? Yesterday I did manage to drive it for a few miles and she is right:-( the truck struggles up even the slightest hills and at the field she keeps the horses I had to put her in low box to get up a fairly simple hill.

My question then is, has my turbo died? There is no sound as there was before when you could sort of hear the turbo working and there is certainly no boost or oomph as there was before? I know these aren't sporty things but you could normally feel a slight increase in power at higher revs.

As I said at the moment my vision is not great but I can't see anything obvious under the bonnet, holes in pipe, disconnected etc, is it new turbo time? Or could it be something else?

Really need to sort it as we plan on using it for Billing next weekend.

Cheers Paul

Forgive any unusual words or spelling it's a bit hard to see the pc