OT: Compressor Fault?

keithjh

Hi All,

The compressor in the workshop a SIP 3HP single phase 150 litre tank 14cfm. Has devolped a fault which is as follows, switch on fills up the tank switches off at 150psi as it should then immediately starts blowing air out under pressure via the pressure switch drops to about 110/120 psi the starts to fill up again only to do the same thing. I have just fitted a new pressure switch and its still doing it any ideas please, its really starting to p==s me off, no doubt someting silly or easy to fix (i hope).

Model is SIP 420/!50

Cheers all

Keith

It's the non-return valve that screws into the receiver, which takes the pipe from the pump and the thin pipe to the pressure switch.

You may get away with cleaning it, but they're not that expensive, Machine Mart do them in various sizes.

NB - make sure the tank is empty before removing the valve!

It's the non-return valve that screws into the receiver, which takes the pipe from the pump and the thin pipe to the pressure switch.

You may get away with cleaning it, but they're not that expensive, Machine Mart do them in various sizes.

NB - make sure the tank is empty before removing the valve!

thanks for that will get one tomorrow afternoon.

Regards Keith