Servicing : North West / Warrington area

kaygeebee

Hi,

Proud to say I finally bought my first LandRover on the weekend, this is my first post since joining the LR4x4 forums.

I managed to buy via a private sale a 2001 TD4 ES model with a little over 52k on the clock... very happy indeed.

It has 12mnths MOT on it, but noticed it's not been stamped for a service in a little over a year and wanted some advice as to where to take it for a look over just to make sure everything is in good working order.

Appreciate any help from any local owners.

Many thanks

Depends on how keen you are as the TD4 is actually dead easy to service yourself and you get a chance to look all over at the vehicle and get to know it.

Take a look at the very recent post started by Griffj, I put a few comments on there about the awful servicing carried out by the main dealer and how much nicer the vehicle is to drive since I started doing it all myself. There is nothing that would tax anyone with even a basic knowledge of DIY mechanics, get yourself the Haynes (make sure you get the correct one) and you will see how easy it is as they have a very decent section on servicing. The only thing they miss out is replacing the crankcase breather, that is burried elsewhere in the book but still there to read.

thanks for the reply Litch.

I'll admit i'm not especially mechanically minded, but I would like to know more abou the car 1st hand then take a garage's word for it.

I will have a look for the post by Griffj this morning and seek out a Haynes manual also.

Much appreciated.