Bad vibration ?

katluke

A couple of weeks ago I had the Discovery out and felt a little vibration,thought nothing of it.I had it out today after being offshore for two weeks and there is a bad vibration there now.Its hard to say if its coming from the front or rear but it does come on when I accelerate and seems to lessen when I ease off.Just looking for any advice before I take it to the garage to be looked at .Just had it out around the field and the vibration isnt coming through the steering but seems to be from the drive train.It seems to stop when I dip the clutch.Thanks for any replys.

Most common vibration are caused by problems with propshafts most likely are the UJs. Dipping the clutch is releasing the drive load on the shafts (and worn UJ) alleviating the severity of the vibration if not removing it completely.

Put some chocks behind the wheels and let the handbrake off then crawl underneath and give each shaft a good tug up/down, side-side at either end near the UJs and see if theres any play in the joints.