electrical problem

hcf

hi guys,

today i sorted the rear window ecu , and yes it was the normal solder joint. however to get to the ecu you have to remove the glove box etc, and the ecu was on the lower left of the space behind. between this and the alloy plate there was a green box with two plugs going into it. when i finally got the nuts off of the ecu this green box dropped out ( no holding screws or anything). this box then started beeping and the flasher were on hazzard setting! the two plugs are one black and one green one ( the green one being shorter of the two) to stop the noise i pulled the green one and it stopped . this meant i could carry on and finish the windows ecu. with this green plug removed the d1 would not start, with it in it would! so as it is now getting too dark to see i took out the alarm fuse and plgged the the green plug back in, and it started and all things working as normal.

now my alrm system has been a little iffy to say the least in the nine years i have had the disco, it goes off t any time and lately when locking the vehicle on the key fob the alarm kicks in, so much so i now disconect the battery after using the disco.

any thoughts on what caused this green box to start beeping? and what to do next.

thankyou for any replies.

ps good job i have a 110 aswell.

andy