Security & the BCU

Hangman3

Hi,

Can anyone tell me please. I have a 2003 TD5 Disco that I just bought from a dubiouse soarce (Gwent 4x4 / NoFear4x4) and the alarm security system is totaly non functional. There is no light on the dash & the key fob does nothing. upon further investigation I found that the original BCU is still in situe & a replacement has been plugged in & just stuffed behind the pannel. Having found this I plugged in the original one & imediately the alarm sounded for a short while but the key fob which does have a good battery did not deactivate it. once the alarm silenced I tried to start the vehichle but the alarm sounded as soon as Itried to put the key in the ignition, I tried to start the car but it was imobilised.

Does this mean that the original BCU is faulty & also the replacement, or has the relpacement come from a vehichle without a security system? and it was put in just to shut up the alarm.

Thanks inadvance for any helpfull suggestions. doh.gif

Original BCU.

7300 4311/A

YWC 000310 A0010

065/03 H:A S:8.02

replacement.BCU

73000012/A

YWC106350 A0010

335/99 H:A S:7.01

Update

I have got hte EKA from LR, plugged in the original BCU & all went well untill I tried to start the motor. It turns over but now wont start. Also the miles display still flashes but thats no real problem.

Any new ideas @ this point would be greatfully recieved.

hello,

did you get an eka code with it? you could try putting this in to the door with the original BCU pluged in its a 4 diti code, which can have numbers up to 11 in i.e. ( 25119) so this would be 2 5 11 9 .

i will post on monday night the way to put it in. as there is things you need to do frist.

i would say that the bcu that thats pluged in is unlocked.somthing you can do with autologic etc. but it has not had the security sinked with the other ecu.

new BCU have been on back order from land rover for 6months now.

hope this helps