Tyre carrier frame...

Hi All,

I've been a member for a few years, but never posted...

I came across this on a product design website (my trade) does anyone in the UK produce this kind of set-up (the frame not the plastic containers) for the Defender?

I could design and build something, but...

Thanks,

Mike

http://www.lodoffroad.com/xcart/home.php

NewCollage.jpg

I have seem similar as a tow bar/receiver hitch mount but not as an accessory mount for the wheel there are high lift mounts, and cycle carriers for spare wheels and Mud Stuff now make a spare wheel step but not seen anything like that.

Jason.

Putting even more weight onto the rear door of the defender isn;t a good idea, hence why so many people go for a swingaway type carrier as it is..!

Of course, its a swing away tyre carrier. Has seen one that's as heavy duty as this, with the extra storage?

Basically I want to be able to remove 30% of the storage when I'm not overlanding...

Cheers,

Mike

I have a Land Rover cycle carrier which attaches to the Landy via a receiver hitch. I'm going to have a good look at that to see if it could be modified to include some of these ideas.

So thanks very much for posting :)

Hi Ian,

If you have any pictures, for inspiration I'd be interested to see them. I can't decide if I want to buy a bumper and modify it or design and build my own, I'm thinking the latter!

Ta,

Mike

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...