Dual timing amp

rocksteady

Just thinking I would let you guys Know how this went. I must admit, I was a bit dubious about this bit of electrickery. Bit of a fiddle to time up. The wiring was simple, about 30m. Then had to time it up. I could not get enough advance on the dizy, so had to move one cog. Set the timing at 15 degree btdc, then just turned the nob on the adjustable retard, simples. Now after about 200m, I must say I,m very impressed! Smoother tickover on both LPG and petrol. Much more willing to rev on gas, and the power on gas is about as good as the petrol was. The power on petrol has also improved. I can only say I should have done this a long time ago.Tank you.

I suppose I should fit the one I have sat in a box too in that case. I have an RPI one. I was thinking to eventually go down the Megasquirt route, but fitting the dual timing amp is quicker, easier and a lot cheaper. Even more so 'cos I have one!

i would be interested to hear what make Rocksteady fitted.

Hi. yes it is an R.P.I. unit. If you have one, you can not loose. I would strongly advise you to fit it. The more miles put on the truck, the more I think it should have been done a long time ago.

Thanks Rocksteady. I must move that upto a high priority job then.