Fuel tank senders

Boro

My 71 range rover is fitted with a 4.2 v8 from and lse and used a single vent efi fuel tank from a post 86 range rover, as the fuel tank has had it and im not impressed with the aftermarket tanks in terms of quality etc and the cost of a genuine tank is silly money i am looking into having a custom tank in stainless steel, to keep it all as simple as possible i was thinking it may be an idea to use a later fuel pump with combined sender rather than two seperate units, has anyone else here used the later sender and pump assembly in an early vehicle or know whether the gauge will read correctly if i do so

I could be wrong here and sorry if i am but my brain is telling me that didnt the later RRC have plastic tanks? and if not..... what about the 110 / 90 td5 tanks? there under the rear and the V8 later type V8 pump/ level screw top units will fit in,

The later ones did have plastic tanks yes but a) the filler is in a different location, b) im not so sure its a straight fit and not prepared to spend lots of money to find out it doesnt fit (and im not cutting or welding my galvernized chassis) and finally c) if i go for a custom tank i can increase the capacity, this was the pump/sender unit i was thinking of using http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/10045/PRC9409-IN-TANK-FUEL-PUMP-SENDER-UNIT-V8.html?search=%20PRC8499&page=1

hi, i've got a new tank, new external pump, new sender and once connected up (there are 3 connectors but i only have 2 wires on my RRC that seem to go to the sender) the fuel guage goes straight to FULL.

Any ideas?

I was thinking of testing the ohms but then why are there 3 connectors and i only have 2 wires?

If the ohms is wrong, is there something i can do to get it to read correctly without buying a new sender?

Cheers!