Heater motor 300tdi

Mark Adams

Hi,

Due to a leaking heater matrix I decided to rip out the dash and replace the matrix, no problem with that, I have now reconnected everything and thought I better try the fan before I put back all of the remaining plastic.

Good job I did as now the fan does not work, it worked fine before the replacement matrix so I am wondering if I have managed to not reconnect a wiring plug somewhere.

When the speed control is switched on I checked the voltage on the bottom of the motor (two wires, one white/red, one black/orange) with earth taken from the battery - both wires show 12V.

On the side of the motor housing it has a two pin socket with a white and red wire. I have nothing connected to this, am I missing something as I cant find any missing plugs.

Can you suggest any tests to check for where the fault may be as I do not have a decent circuit diagram.

Mark.