Born again Disco TD5 owner with w/screen wash/wipe prob

piemanpete

Hi Folks from the wilds of north Norfolk, UK.

After being Disco-less the official receiver took mine away in 2010 >:o(, finally acquired a 2000 Disco TD5 ES with everything possible done to it, I think - TD5 alive stage 2 tune-up, anything that could go wrong replaced and then some, General Grabber AT2s, new Sony Bluetooth stereo that works with the steering controls. I'm calling it the 'ultimate Disco' because to me it is!

Ok, it's practically perfect but with just one niggle I discovered today: the windscreen wash/wipe doesn't work. Water gets squirted all over the screen, but the wipers do not start to move - have to operate them manually.

I presume a relay or timing circuit has failed somewhere - on a LR, surely not? wink.gif

Anyone got any ideas what the problem is likely to be and how I fix it, please?

Thanks to all and I look forward to sharing the laughs and the tears that are the joy of LR ownership!

Cheers

Hi, the first thing u must do is to find a helpfull chap with nanocom or hawkeye to plug it in and see the setting in the BCU, cos it has two setting for this:

Programmed wash/ wipe

1.Normal = The front wipers operate if the front wash is operated.

2.No wipe = The front wipers do not operate if the front wash is operated.

It might be setted on "No wipe"

If it's setted on Normal and still doesnt work then things are getting complicated cos this wash/wipe system on D2 is managed by the BCU(body controll unit) and the IDM(intelligent driver module - part of the internal fusebox)