300Tdi Auto EDC engine ECU swap

GWO110

Does anybody know if you can fit an engine ECU from a UK 300Tdi Auto Disco with EDC to a 300Tdi Auto Disco with EDC from Japan. I'm thinking whether the lack of an alarm system on the Jap import has any effect. Most of the wiring looks identical but models with the alarm fitted have a wire to the engine ECU

I'm interested in VIN to MA163103 where the engine ECU part numbers are:-

UK models have ERR5895, replaced by ERR6363, replaced by AMR5623, and replaced in later UK models by AMR5625 and then AMR6228

Japan models have ERR4844, replaced by ERR6208

Any info about how interchangeable these ECU's are would be welcomed

I think you will have a problem there as the UK spec ecu's need to see a valid input from the alarm ecu before they will boot up.This is why you need to do a security relearn after programming new key fobs to EDC auto Disco's.

Why do you need to change it ?

I've got a big intercooler fitted and a Tunit box and can't seem to get enough fuel in. Loads of air and plenty pressure at inlet manifold. Max EGT is 400 degrees and it's very sluggish. EGR has gone, cat has gone and straight through exhaust fitted.

I'm not sure if the mapping is different in the ecu for the Japanese market and wondered about fitting a UK ecu. I thought there was a tune select resistor fitted to select the mapping for the different markets etc but there doesn't seem to be one fitted.

I'm with Vulcan Bomber on this,the EDC wont like what you are trying to do,A mechanical pump is alot easier to tweak.The tune select resistors were used in petrol v8's to get the ecu to look/not look for oxygen sensors.(Ie,run open or closed loop)