axles

quedge

and that's the weakness of the high pinion 79/80/100 series front CWP, as a lot of LC drivers find out here.

A GQ/GU Patrol ffront diff is miles stronger than either Rover or LC, (it's a Sals/D60 size high pinion CWP, and you lose a bucket load of ground clearance as a consequence) but from what the Rover boys that have fitted them reckon, the CV stubs aren't much better than Rover,so it ends up being swings and merry-go-rounds.

At least the GQ/GU front end is an easier fit than the LC front.

only think that puts me of the nissan front axle is the cost of an arb locker. as im after front and rear locking diffs what about matching diff ratios?

The toyota front diff is only weak compared to the rear diff, it is still way stronger than a rover diff.

I ran a 80 series axles front and rear with 37 boggers and never blew a diff, i did blow a few cv's though.

Longfield http://www.longfield...?category=FJ-80 do cv's and front shafts for the 80 series axles, lifetime warrenty as well.

I enquired whether the warrenty would cover me on 37's, they have no tyre size restiction on thier warrenty and were quite amused that i thought i could break them with only 37's and a small diesel engine !!!

On the diff ratios between the toyota and nissan, both companys most common ratios are 4.11:1 so they are quite easy to match.

• 2 weeks later...